Why attend? Health professionals work in demanding environments with a diverse range of people. Using coaching conversations achieves better health outcomes for patients and better professional and personal relationships.
This one-day interactive workshop, designed in conjunction with health professionals, is used by Queensland Health to introduce coaching skills into its clinical and administrative environments. What will you learn? Simple and effective communication and coaching tools and techniques that you can use immediately.
Learning outcomes include
- What coaching is and how it differs from other approaches.
- How coaching skills improve your ability to lead, influence and motivate individuals & teams.
- Specific coaching frameworks used by professional coaches to achieve high quality outcomes.
- Listening skills and how to ask quality questions.
- Building rapport and effectively communicating.
- The value of a solution focused approach & optimism in achieving positive health outcomes.
When will coaching skills help? All the time, when you need to influence
people about important issues, especially:
- Communicating more effectively with patients about lifestyle changes.
- Working in stressful situations with emotional patients and families.
- Assessing people and situations when gathering medical information.
- When you need to be solution focused in implementing important changes.
- Helping patients cope with sensitive issues and difficult situations.
- Creating an enjoyable and productive work environment
- Communicating with your colleagues about patient care and administration.
Who should attend? All medical professionals including:
- GP Nurses
- Community Nurses
- Aged Care Nurses
- Allied Health Professionals
- Practice Manager
- Administration and Support Staff